Your District email:
We will be sending time sensitive information via email to all employees, if you haven’t accessed your district email within the past 30 days make sure your account is still accessible. If you are unable to access your email account, please click on the Learn More link below for instructions on how to reset your password.
Board paid life insurance:
Board paid life insurance is one of the most valuable benefits provided to you by Miami-Dade County Public Schools (M-DCPS). This benefit enables you to plan for the future and provide security for your family.
You can increase your Board paid life insurance amount by purchasing additional coverage and/or you can apply for dependent life insurance. For further information on how to enroll in these additional benefits please call our on-site MetLife representative at 305-995-7029. It is critical to keep your beneficiary information updated at all times to ensure the most up-to-date information is available at the time that is needed.
Please click on the Learn More link below for step-by-step instructions on how to update your beneficiary designation.
- If you enroll a dependent in your benefits, you must submit proof of eligibility documentation (i.e., marriage certificate for spouse, birth certificate for natural children) for each covered dependent.
- Dependent Social Security Numbers are required during the enrollment process.
- Failure to submit this required documentation will result in termination of your dependent coverage.
- Domestic Partner of the same-sex and legally married are able to be added on a tax-free basis with a marriage certificate.
- Please click on the link below for dependent eligibility requirements.
Declination of Healthcare Coverage:
If you have other group or state-funded healthcare coverage, you can decline healthcare coverage through the School District (opt-out) by requesting a change in status. To request a change in status please contact FBMC at 1-855-MDC-PS4U (1-855-632-7748), Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
In addition to submitting the completed enrollment form, you must complete the Declination of Healthcare Coverage Affidavit and submit it with proof of other group or state-funded healthcare to the Office of Risk and Benefits Management.
Please click on the Learn More link below for the Declination of Healthcare Coverage Affidavit.
Review and update personal information as needed:
Your current mailing address and phone number are relevant information to ensure you receive important information, such as:
- Your insurance card(s)
- Benefits updates
- Refunds, when applicable.
It is your responsibility to ensure that M-DCPS has your most current personal information. Please click the Learn More link below for a step-by-step instructions on how to update your personal information.
FBMC Service Center
Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. – 7 p.m.